The most surreal thing about Fright Night is that David Tennant’s mannerisms don’t actually change that much, so it’s like watching Ten on a bender. Or maybe someone activated the ‘foul-mouthed bisexual painted manwhore’ setting on the chameleon arch.
things that make me want to set myself on fire:
- the belief that canonically rose tyler is the be-all end-all of all companions in the 50+ year history of doctor who
- the belief that ten was the most doctory, in-character regeneration of the doctor
- adding to that, the belief that the doctor is a character that should be seen as a constant, trusted hero, someone to blindly follow in faith
- the belief that river song’s purpose was to be the doctor’s love interest, and she had no life without him
- the belief that rose tyler’s life did not revolve around the doctor, and that she wouldn’t give up everything (her family, the safety of the universe) to be with him
- the denial that a significant point of the impossible girl arc was to show that, in the end, clara was just clara and not a mystery to be solved
- the denial that moffat showed eleven’s view of clara as being a puzzle as a negative thing
- the extremely subjective belief that amy pond and other female characters in moffat’s era are unrelatable and two-dimensional, and because it applies to a group of people on tumblr, it applies to everyone
- the belief that signing a shitty petition to get a man fired, and the belief that it would actually work
- the phrase “don’t you think he looks tired?” being used as an actual means of putting down moffat and being seen as an intellectual, clever and legitimate piece in an argument
- the belief that russell t. davies had a better understanding of the ideology of doctor who and the character of the doctor than any previous or current writer
- the belief that moffat took a shit on the rtd era and retconned the show, when in fact rtd that ignored and change a good chunk of classic who history, and it’s been happening since the show began, and shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing
- the belief that russell t. davies’ doctor who is the highest, original standard way of writing doctor who
- the denial that moffat has paid tribute and included more references and ideas from classic who than rtd ever did
- the belief that a small group of users of a blogging website with senses of superiority, misinformed articles/quotes/metas, and borderline social justice blogger-like agendas, hold the majority of beliefs and facts of doctor who fans and fandom
- the fact that the same people who preach independent thinking, strong mentalities, and fairness, are the same people who don’t check the facts of an article, bully and degrade others for liking something they don’t, and are EXTREMELY easily influenced by a majority mob mentality, and a popular tumblr post.
- the fact that some people out-right avoid acknowledging or reblogging posts (e.g. karen gillan’s opinion on moffat/amy pond crit, actual accurate moffat quotes on feminism and sexism, the correction of facts on a countless number of misinformed doctor who posts about the moffat era) for the sake of living in the delusional state of the views of the “majority” of the dw fandom on tumblr
- that fact that i have such a ridiculous list of things that people actually do, and think they’re in the right of, that make me want to set myself on fire
- ffs people
I’ve been waiting for this post all my life
the disclaimer though
reblogging again because I actually read the disclaimer this time…
the disclaimer is so gold and im glad i didnt skip it
Everything I ever wanted to say about the hysterical, hypersensitive, irrational, bullying, childish, emotionally underdeveloped, narcissistic, over dramatic, navel gazing faction of Tumblr ever.
me as a parent
1) Also me as a parent.
2) God, I miss him.
3) Fuck, I’m old.
My mom: There’s only four more episodes. Nothing major can really happen now, can it?
There are certain dark corners of the Classic Doctor Who fandom that I’m pretty sure take more pleasure in trashing “newvians” than in the actual show itself. It’s their nerd bloodsport and it’s really unappealing.
wow yes an untagged opinion post on a personal blog regarding people who can be extremely rude to people who dare to consider anything other than the televised programme canon is obviously so much more antagonistic than replying to another untagged post on a personal blog which had a very specific context with an attack
Certainly. I see a lot of your posts on this public website and many of them hit my berserk buttons. You’ve a frequent tendency to use your knowledge of non-telly Who sources as something of a bully pulpit from which to try and chivvy people into line with your headcanons, often (especially with the New Adventures) completely misrepresenting the material to suit your purposes.
So I’m not confused at all about the fact that I generally feel antagonistic towards the positions and strategies of your blog.
You, though, seemed in the dark as to how those positions and strategies can leave you open to a charge of elitism. So, since it looked pretty clear in this instance, I thought I’d chip in and help out.
This is one of my favorite posts because that cat’s fucking name is fucking meatloaf
I’m having a lot of Tentoo feels so I thought I’d post this cause I realised I don’t properly have it on tumblr.
Tentoo never really stops having nightmares about being a hand in a jar.